125gm pre-made Nut Butter (puree your choice of nuts)
1 flat tablespoon Golden Syrup
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
180gm Plain Flour
- Cream the butter and sugar ’til pale in colour using the whisk beater. As it’s creaming, use a spatula to wipe the mixture down into the bowl a couple of times to incorporate all the sugar. (Yes, it does make a difference!)
- Add the egg and mix well again. Add the nut butter and golden syrup and mix well again. Use the spatula to wipe down the mixture to be sure it’s all well combined.
- Change out the whisk to a stronger cake mixture beater, making sure you wipe all the mixture off the whisk and put it back into the bowl.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix slowly and not splash flour around. Mix well, making sure everything is well combined. Remove the beater, wiping mixture back into the bowl. Push all the mixture together in the bowl and place in the fridge to harden while you get the oven and cooking trays ready.
- Set oven temperature to 180C. Grease or cover baking sheet with baking paper. Have plain flour at hand.
- With clean, floured hands, roll the cooled mixture into small balls, place on tray with room to spread. Press down lightly with a fork or fingers to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until they are a lovely golden brown and you can smell the deliciousness.
- Let cool before lifting from baking sheet or they’ll crumble. When cold, store in an air tight container.
- Here is a downloadable PDF for you.